PTFE, Teflon Type E, Type EE
PTFE insulated cables and teflon insulated cable are engineered to meet demanding performance requirements for a variety of applications. PTFE insulated multicore cables includes products optimized for high flex life, extreme temperature and extreme chemical environments.
Industry standard for mfg allows for splices:
50' min lengths no more than 5 lengths per 1,000'
50' min lengths no more than 7 lengths per 2,000'
50' min lengths no more than 9 lengths per 3,000'
PTFE - 600 Volt - 200°C , Type E Mil Spec 16878/4, PTFE Type EE Mil Spec 16878/5
|Conductor:||- Silver plated copper (also available in nickel plated copper)|
|Insulation:||- Extruded PTFE (PolyTetraFluoroEthylene) insulation|
|Voltage||- 600 Volts|
- For power and control use in power plants and other operations where wire is exposed to acids, oils, moisture, and high temperature
- UL Applications 200°C 392 F
-18 AWG and smaller UL recognized as UL 1213
- All colors may be twisted
- Available in 7 strand and solid conductor constructions
Industry standards for manufacturing allowes for splices per the following:
- 24 AWG and 22 AWG - 50' min lengths no more than 4 lengths per 1,000', 50' min lengths no more than 12 per 5,000'
- 20 AWG through 16 AWG - 50' min lengths no more than 5 lengths per 1,000', 50' min lengths no more than 12 per 5,000'
- 14 AWG through 10 AWG - 50' min lengths no more than 4 lengths per 1,000', 50' min lengths no more than 8 per 2,000', 50' min lengths no more than 9 per 3,000'