At ProWireandCable.com, our considerable collection of high-quality fiber optic cables includes the Zip Cord Tight-Buffered Cable, Riser, 2 Fiber, 2.8 mm Diameter, Single-Mode (OS2) (002E51-31131-24)!
Corning Cable Systems Zipcord Cables are designed for interconnect applications. Two 900 Âµm TBII Buffered Fibers are surrounded by aramid yarn strength members and a flame-retardant jacket. This cable design offers mechanical durability and flame resistance that meet the requirements of the National Electrical Code (NEC) Article 770.
This cable is available in 12 different jacket colors - blue, orange, green, brown, slate, white, red, black, yellow, purple, rose and aqua. The colored jacket allows for easy visual identification of the cables.
General Purpose Horizontal, Vertical Riser
- Meets NEC requirements; Meets burn test criteria
- All-dielectric strength member; Mechanical durability
- Cable Type: Tight-Buffered
- Environment: Indoor
- Fiber Category: Single-mode (OS2)
- Flame Rating: Riser (OFNR)
- Product Type: Interconnect
- Fiber Count (cable): 2
- Number of Subunits: 2
- Outer Jacket Color: Yellow
- Outer Jacket Material: Flame-retardant
- Tensile Strength Elements and/or Armoring - Layer 1: Dielectric strength members
- Tight Buffer Color: Blue, White
- Max. Tensile Strengths, Long-Term (Metric): 66 N
- Max. Tensile Strengths, Long-Term (US): 15 lbf
- Max. Tensile Strengths, Short-Term (Metric): 220 N
- Max. Tensile Strengths, Short-Term (US): 50 lbf
- Min. Bend Radius Installation (Metric): 50 mm
- Min. Bend Radius Installation (US): 2 in
- Min. Bend Radius Operation (Metric): 25 mm
- Min. Bend Radius Operation (US): 1 in
- Nominal Outer Diameter (Metric-mm): 2.8x5.6 mm
- Nominal Outer Diameter (US): 0.11x0.22 in
- Weight (cable) (Metric): 12.8 kg/km
- Weight (cable) (US): 8.5 lb/1000 ft
- Temperature - Operation (Metric): -20 C to 70 C
- Temperature - Operation (US): -4 F to 158 F
- Temperature - Storage (Metric): -40 C to 70 C
- Temperature - Storage (US): -40 F to 158 F
Approval and Listings: National Electrical Code (NEC) OFNR, CSA FT-4, ICEA S-83-596; Flame Resistance: UL-1666 (for riser and general building applications); Free of hazardous substances according to RoHS 2002/95/EG.
For additional options, we ask you to take the occasion to shop our comprehensive collection of fiber optic cables at ProWireandCable.com today.