At ProWireandCable.com, our ample variety of durable fiber optic cables includes the MIC Tight-Buffered Cable, Plenum, 6 Fiber, Single-Mode (OS2) (006E88-31131-29)!
Corning Cable Systems MIC Plenum Cables are designed for use in plenum, riser and general purpose environments for intrabuilding backbone and horizontal installations. These multifiber cables use 900 Âµm TBII Buffered Fibers to allow easy, consistent stripping and to facilitate termination. The fibers are surrounded by dielectric strength members and protected by a flame-retardant outer jacket.
The all-dielectric cable construction requires no grounding or bonding. MIC Plenum cables are ideal for routing inside buildings, within plenum areas and riser shafts, to the telecommunications rooms and workstations. The MIC Plenum Cables meet the application requirements of the National Electrical Code (NEC) Article 770 and are OFNP and FT-6 listed.
This cable is available in 12 different jacket colors - blue, orange, green, brown, slate, white, red, black, yellow, purple, rose and aqua. The colored jacket allows for easy visual identification of the cables.
General Purpose Horizontal, Vertical Riser, Plenum
- 900 Âµm TBII Buffered Fibers; Easy, consistent stripping
- All-dielectric construction; Requires no grounding or bonding
- Flame-retardant jacket; Rugged and durable
- Cable Type: Tight-Buffered
- Environment: Indoor
- Fiber Category: Single-mode (OS2)
- Flame Rating: Plenum (OFNP)
- Product Type: Distribution
- Central Element: Yarn
- Fiber Count (cable): 6
- Number of Ripcords: 1
- Outer Jacket Color: Yellow
- Outer Jacket Material: Flame-retardant
- Tensile Strength Elements and/or Armoring - Layer 1: Dielectric strength members
- Tight Buffer Color: Blue, Orange, Green, Brown, Slate, White
- Max. Tensile Strengths, Long-Term (Metric): 132 N
- Max. Tensile Strengths, Long-Term (US): 30 lbf
- Max. Tensile Strengths, Short-Term (Metric): 440 N
- Max. Tensile Strengths, Short-Term (US): 100 lbf
- Min. Bend Radius Installation (Metric): 80 mm
- Min. Bend Radius Installation (US): 3.2 in
- Min. Bend Radius Operation (Metric): 27 mm
- Min. Bend Radius Operation (US): 1.1 in
- Nominal Outer Diameter (Metric-mm): 5.3 mm
- Nominal Outer Diameter (US): 0.21 in
- Weight (cable) (Metric): 27 kg/km
- Weight (cable) (US): 19 lb/1000 ft
- Temperature - Installation (Metric): 0 C to 60 C
- Temperature - Installation (US): 32 F to 140 F
- Temperature - Operation (Metric): 0 C to 70 C
- Temperature - Operation (US): 32 F to 158 F
- Temperature - Storage (Metric): -40 C to 70 C
- Temperature - Storage (US): -40 F to 158 F
Approval and Listings: National Electrical Code (NEC) OFNP, CSA FT-6, ICEA S-83-596; Flame Resistance: NFPA 262 (for plenum, riser and general building applications).
For many more pieces, we encourage you to take the occasion to view our entire array of fiber optic cables at ProWireandCable.com today.